Hi lovely people,
This post is way overdue, but its here eventually…yay
The love of my life and I celebrated 3 years together a month ago….it is a milestone for us, we can’t believe how fast time has flown.
I guess time flies when you’re having fun haha
It seems just like yesterday when we met and were getting to know each other
In the little time we have been together, we’ve learnt that love is a choice we both make everyday, to respect one another and be there for each other.
I never imagined that I could love someone as much as I do now, and I do not take it for granted.
We’ve learnt a lot about each other and we are both looking forward to more anniversaries together.
Cheers to many many more years filled with love!
Important things to remember when you are in a relationship (could be dating or married):
1. Communication is key: Never hold back on how you feel about certain things because you’ll end up bottling things up and taking them out on the wrong people. Honesty is also key in communication, it will benefit both parties in the long run
2. Be trustworthy: I like to know my partner in life is someone I can trust with my life and vice versa
3. The small little things matter: like remembering their favorite meal and making it/buying for them when they’ve been stuck at work and you know they are pretty hungry (just an example), or buying them their favorite perfume/cologne just because (not having to wait for an occasion to get it for them) – this little things make them happy and also shows that you care
4. Take care of yourself and have your own friends outside of the relationship: its nice to have mutual friends in the relationship, but you are also an individual and you do need your own way to unwind and re-generate? (is that a word haha), so having things that build you separately prevents feeling suffocated in the relationship.
5. Teach each other new adventures – keeps things interesting and you get to learn more about your partner too
6. Be respectful of one another: this is an umbrella that holds all things like not intentionally doing things to hurt each other and also being supportive of each others dreams and aspirations in life, and many more
7. Know your limits: This is also an umbrella for so many things but the short and tall of it, is do not compromise your morals or values just to impress others. Don’t stop your life goals so you could be there for someone, you are important as well, and if they value you, they will see this
8. Last but not least, don’t compare your relationship to other relationships or take advice from people who don’t know you or your significant other. I have had so many people ask me a question or 2 about myself and my fiancé and they then jump into giving me advice, and it is very off-putting especially if you are just meeting this person because they don’t know you at all. Every individual is unique in their own way, so comparing your r/ship to others can literally destroy what you have.
I hope you are all having a great December, eat all you can and don’t let guilt hold you back – just don’t forget to walk it off haha
Thanks for stopping by